So we returned to Kota Kinabalu by plane and back to the Nexus Spa and Resort. We arrived early enough to manage a Christmas swim in the South China Sea. The water was very salty for some reason. I tried bodysurfing but the waves were flat enough that I didn't get more than a few feet. There was a nice pool system with lots of families. It felt like the local beach equivalent of the Catskills.
Katherine came in from town to for drinks and a regular Christmas dinner -- steak and red wine. Definitely not a white Christmas!
About today's pictures. One is the view from the room. Another is the water monitor lizard that lives on the grounds. Finally, here's a picture of the girls hosting their Xmas drinks. That's Julia on the right, my travel buddy for this trip. I met her a couple of years ago on the Namibia trip.



No comments:
Post a Comment