Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A few hours in Singapore

Another "quick" post as we kill time before we head to the airport.  I got in the hotel at 3am and actually got a few hours of sleep. I'm hoping jet lag won't hit me, but usually the second day kills me. The hotel is very nice. I think I'm going to be spoiled -- Julie booked everything with points.  We had breakfast in the executive lounge which had great views of Singapore.  There seemed to be hotel and bank skyscrapers everywhere with cranes building more in every direction.

We took a short walk to Raffles, a legendary colonial hotel that's still very swanky. Julie wants to get a drink on its veranda on our way back through Singapore.

Afterwards, we met up with Bernard, an old friend from MIT. He took us to a hawkers' food court for some good local fare. Duck, fish, chicken, and sugar cane juice. Here's a picture of Bernard ordering food.

We took a short walk but we didn't last long. We still have to get used to the humidity.  We're off to Kota Kinabalu (aka KK) on the Malaysian part of Borneo and then our descent off the beaten path begins. (kinda). Wish us luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment