Thursday, December 17, 2015

Aureum Palace resort -- Inle

This hotel didn't disappoint either. It might have been more impressive than its sister in Bagan.  The complex wasn't as large but the rooms were huge, more like apartments. In fact, I think that it was bigger than any one bedroom apartment I've had.  The bathroom was thirty feet in length and there was a sitting room.  There was a huge wooden bath -- which turned out to be a tad impractical since the water didn't stay warm enough to fill the whole tub.  They had a lot of nice touches too, decorating the beds and creating little man out of towels.  The pool liked out onto the marshes fronting Inle Lake, though it was frightfully cold.
The weather here was quite cold at night. They gave us hot water bottles which were great. The staff in the mornings wore wool coats and scarfs -- even if it was 60F. 
This definitely was a resort complex that was excellent. There really wasn't anywhere to go when you got there. We went on a boat everywhere. There was a street access but we never used it.  We had thought about walking down the street to another hotel for dinner but that was the day that my stomach acted up.
I'll add pictures to this post when I have a chance. The internet connections haven't been great...


















No comments:

Post a Comment