Friday, April 23, 2010

Stuck in Iceland

Very quick post here while we wait for our car. We´re now stuck in Iceland. The ash seems to have followed us here. They offered to bus us 5 hours to the northern part of the island to then fly to Glasgow and then on to Boston or New York. But we decided to hold out one day here to see if the ash clears -- that itinerary would just be a nightmare. So we´re renting a car and driving around a bit to see this corner of Iceland. There´s a big geyser and we´ll probably see the lava. Then we´ll go to the Blue Lagoon. Hopefully, the airport will be back to normal tomorrow and we can get home...

1 comment:

  1. No Way! I've always thought it'd be great (I was going to say 'cool' but then realized the pun :-P) to see Iceland, so I'm glad you guys got the chance to look around. Enjoy! :-)

    ReplyDelete