Friday, November 22, 2013

En route to Bogota


One of the perils of traveling off to the corners of the world is having to spend time to get there.  For this trip, all of this Friday is silent en route...

The first stop was Dallas. I was shocked at how cold it was -- a high of 37F!  That's about 25 degrees cooler than the Bay Area.  I only had a few hours there so I didn't leave the airport lounge. Today was the fiftieth anniversary of John F. Kennedy's assassination right there in Dallas. I was told that as why things were so busy.  There's been a lot of media coverage of that anniversary here in the US in the week leading up to today.

I'm now on the Bogota leg.  This is a brand-new airplane, an Airbus A319.  It's nice to have such a new plane for one. And I'm flying business class, too. For some reason the adder wasn't too much so I took it...

I'm watching Before Midnight, as you can see from this picture.   It feels like a play that happens to be a movie.

Okay. Enough killing time. Dinner is about to be served.  I'll be getting in to Bogota at 1am. I'm going to be sleep deprived for my first few days of this vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment